computer wont post_a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidp423

In Runtime
im stumped. im having the same problem as in my previous post http://techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=91667
it wont post. i was wondering if there was a way to check of my cpu is bad at home, because i dont want to waste like $60 getting it tested a a store.. and will a computer still post without anything except the mobo and psu... i tried that and it wouldnt work...--when i did try it wouldnt start up untill i put my cpu in the slot, put down the leveler and then it booted up and still didnt post. i know the memory and mobo are good because they were brand new.

help needed thanks

Take the ram out and see if it will beep, If it beeps then the ram is either wrong for the system or bad. If it doesn't beep then put the ram (only one stick) back in and take the video card out.. If it beeps the video card is bad If it doesn't then it is more than likely the mobo that is toast. If it still won't post, Have you tryed resetting the cmos?

FlashDude said:
Take the ram out and see if it will beep, If it beeps then the ram is either wrong for the system or bad. If it doesn't beep then put the ram (only one stick) back in and take the video card out.. If it beeps the video card is bad If it doesn't then it is more than likely the mobo that is toast. If it still won't post, Have you tryed resetting the cmos?
yes ive tried reseting the cmos with no luck

the interesting part is that the cpu i have didnt work in two brand new motherboards so far....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom