Uhh ... vcore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brtnboarder495

Daemon Poster
I've easily managed to OC my Opteron 165 HTT and 2x1Gb DDR500 memory to 250mhz. However, I left the voltage at stock, 1.328v.

How do I change the voltage? Motherboard and other info is in sig. And please list the exact name of the title of the voltage to change please, because there are multiple processor/cpu voltage variables.

it should be inder "overclocking" or something that says "voltages" etc. Then there should be an option for cpu vcore and just go up one step

There is no option for overclocking in the BIOS. To change the HTT, you go under Genie BIOS. That is also where the CPU, DRAM and a few other hardware voltages are, which are in a dark blue font, which means it can't be accessed. Things that can be accessed or changed are in light blue. However I know it's obviously possible to change the Vcore because others have done it on this motherboard, and DFI's offer the most customization and overclocking choices.

JUst got done Ocing with that board.Its was a 3200+ Venice 939 G-skill DDr-500.I got it stable around 2.5ghz.It has a 9500 for right now.Its a friends computer and he wants Watercooling.I Let Prime95 run for 24hrs. just for the heck of it.I often do just 10 hours.I just put v-core around 1.47 and it was enough.
http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28049
Check out that it told me all I want and already knew,but it never hurts to read it even if you know it.:)

PZEROFGH said:
Lol,

vcore VID, CPU VID control/VID special control etc.

Looks for that in your Bios...its called to change your VCORE... :freak:

1. VCORE
Vcore supplies the juice to cpu. By default socket 754 desktop cpus are spec'd to 1.5v vcore while socket 939 desktop cpus are 1.4v for 90nm winchesters and 1.5v for 130nm newcastle cpus. Increasing vcore allows cpu to overclock higher in terms of overall cpu raw speed. Increasing vcore also increases cpu temperatures and the amount of heat being generated by the cpu.

Some motherboard bioses also list as vcore VID, CPU VID control/VID special control etc. Some bios give straight vcore options, while boards like MSI and DFI give you straight vcore (VID Control values up to say 1.55v), then allow you to use CPU Special VID to add a percentage onto that base VID value.

For example, in DFI NF4 boards you can set vcore up to 1.55v via CPU VID control. If you set CPU Special VID control to "Above VID * 104%" you theorectically will get 1.55 + 4% = 1.612v vcore. Boards my undervolt, i.e. on DFI NF4 1.55 + 4% gives me 1.55-1.57v in windows.

Yep, ignoring it :D

Another question, I should put the LDT/FSB frequency ratio at 4x if I'm using an HTT of 250mhz, instead of 5x, because the HTT "total" of 2000mhz, should never go higher than that right?

250x4=1000*2mhz
200x5=1000*2mhz

It can go a little over 2000mhz, but yes, you generally want to keep it around 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom