Ati Radeon 9600XT issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGM

Baseband Member
Now this is great, holidays comming up and my PC busts itself into a half dying state

My PC is having some rather odd issues these last days, it was having crashes before, but when I decided to update to the newest 6.4 Catylist drivers, my PC started to shutdown when I was running a 3D application.

To try and fix this problem I stepped back to an older driver after a complete format of my boot drive, and so it seems the random shutdowns are solved, but now the random crashes dominate my time behind the computer.

What happens now is the following: I'm playing a game, and suddenly the VPU recover from ATI kicks in, telling me that the graphics card stopped working, blabla, sets my desktop to a lower resolution and I can continue playing. After a while, VPU kicks in again, this time crashing the system.
Also I had some "random" colours on the display, as if something was really messing up inside my Radeon9600XT.

I'm really wondering how I can check what's wrong, and if something is dead, could it be my Mobo is messing up my 3D card, since I already lost 1 due to frying issues.

On a side note, I think I'm seeing artifacts when typing this post, but I'm not sure what artifacts are, I heard they are little "flickers" acros the screen on horizontal lines, right?

Here's a complete DxDiag file, lemme know if you need something else.
Thanks for the help in advance, and sorry for the long post.

Cheers,
EGM

Ok, so it's busted, but if it is, it's the second time it has happened in this system. Perhaps something else is faulty in my system (MoBo perhaps) and keeps frying my stuff...

check your temperature in the chasis when you gaming, sounds like overheat to me.

also check your fan, both CPU, secondary fan (if you got one) and the video card fan, clean it with compressed air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom