Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Highest the Volume goes!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

triskit

In Runtime
i just tried to post this but it didnt work... sorry if it gets repeated...

Okay... an easy 10 dollars... unless im very confused about some things...

This all came about whaen i told my friend james that i was spending 2g on parts for a comp that i might be building and he thought that i was wasting my money because "his friend" built the "best gaming computer in the city" last year for 1000 dollars.

he bet me 10 dollars that someone could build their own "Top of the line gaming computer" for 1,000 dollars and it would perform just as well as any one of the insane ones built for
10,000 dollars. He says that the 1000 dollar one could play any game on maxed out settings and the 10,000 comp would just be a waste of money for extra power that it couldnt even use for any logical gaming application.

^^^this second paragraph is the bet^^^

needless to say i accepted the bet in hopes that the nice, tech-minded people at TF could help me overcome my friend (who knows a guy... that build a computer once... good for him)

eh, it'd be close, I mean, you could always use a 7900gt/gtx and an x2/opteron cpu with a decent mobo/psu and 1gb ram, case, dvd drive, 160gb hdd, and a few case fans that should total around 1000. although it couldnt touch a system built for 10,000 (****, its nearly impossible to build a computer for 10g's lol). so that means I vote you :)

Well you could build a 1,000 dollar computer that would max out most games out there except oblivion which requires SLI to be truly maxed out though some people are close to max with X1900XT/7900GTX's.

What's the question? lol

Plus if you buy one of those dell xps renegate, quad SLI, phyx card, some extreme P4. I think that would whoop any 1,000 dollar system :p

Not necesarliy 1000 but for 2637 i can build a machine that will beat out the Renegade (10,000) from Dell.

You dont need a SLId 7900GTX machine to max out Oblivion. Thats just rediculous.

check : by 10g setups i mean including all of the the peripherals, plus some markup cause theyre prebuilt... probably translates to 5-6g-ish for the parts to build the comp

ok, clearly a 1000 dollar comp could not compare to a 10000 comp. ( excluding the 10G Renegade, POS).

EDIT: Especially if we built it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom