startup question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pluckdogg

Beta member
under the system config. utility in the startup tab, there are several nonsense named .exe files (for example... ccjks.exe, fdvk.exe, abfoxsgp.exe, etc.) all are under the path c:\windows. are these things at all needed to start up or are they just taking up memory? they do not appear in the task manager under processes so i'm just wondering if i should do anything about them (are they usefu?l) or not worry about them? thanks

You don't NEED anything in there to boot, you may want something in there. just lookup all those exe's in google, that'll tell ya what they are. :D

Although I searched the first 2 and found nothing. :(

Thanks, I unchecked all of them (were about 30 or so) and my computer booted up faster. I was paranoid about not letting them start before because Adaware has not detected anything lately so I thought maybe they were needed. (Adaware still detects Roings malware which it cannot get rid of for some reason). I also googled the strange names and got no results so I thought I'd check with people who knew what was up. Thanks again. Peace.
P.S. If you have any tips on getting rid of Roings, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom