Partition Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcesFull

Beta member
I'm getting ready to install my OS (XP) and I would appreciate any suggestions on how to partition my one harddrive (250G), in terms of size and number of partitions. Also, any suggestions on types of content for different partitions would be appreciated. Thanks.

A/F

EricB said this in another thread: 'Make one 15-30 gig for your operating system, the rest for your data (gamers need to make a 3rd 10-20 gig partition for your games). You can move my document to the 2nd partition. Go to start right click my documents, click properties (you can only do it here) and select move. Move it to you second partition. This will speed up disc performance plus if you have to reformat, you won't lose your data.'

here: http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56137

I do the OS and all the programs/games on the same partition. Not a big deal, but that way you don't have to change the install path every time you install a program (I am lazy :p ).

Then the second one stores all may data such as music, movies, work files etc. If you did it this way I would suggest about 75gb for the OS/Program partition and the rest for data.

Hmmm I have 3 drives and 5 partitions...

I have a 38GB part for OS and apps, I have an old SCSI drive 17GB for my swap file and i have 3 38GB games drives... all full!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom