cpu problem, amd 2600+ wont read above 1.67 mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.
cpuz1.jpg

cpuz2.jpg

http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-7VT600-L.htm

Motherboard ^

and lastly the manual scan page of the mobo jumper...
scan.jpg

the reason why the memory is being underclocked is because you are using generic low-quality brand. use a good quality brand memory and you should be able to obtain your 333Mhz FSB. also i definately recommend getting a 400+ watt power supply, that is just asking for trouble.

what exactly will be noticed if the fsb goes up from the 134 or whatever to 333? just wondering...

What mobo are you using.? sometimes there is a switch or a jumper to set fsb range. your multiplier is locked at 12.5 so that's why your cpu runs at 1.67 with a 266 fsb (133 ramclock)

133mHz * 12.5 = 1.67 GHz

most recent mobos should recognize xp2600+ correctly.

if it's older you might need a bios flash.

Get a decent 300 or 350W power supply too.

Ice9 said:
what exactly will be noticed if the fsb goes up from the 134 or whatever to 333? just wondering...

the cpu will be noticed at its top speed above 1.67

your RAM runs internally at 166MHZ -1, they tend to do this, my P3 500 runs at 497MHZ. the FSB is 2x the internal speed
166x2=332
FSB of the RAM should be close to 333MHZ

as for the Athlon XP running at 1.67GHZ, the Athlon XP's are designed to run at these lower frequencies, they still perform as well as its equivalent P4. the Athlon XP's have better pipelining allowing them to complete more instructions per clock cycle.

I just bought new ram pc3200 even, so its faster and the fastest I can get is still 165mb fsb even tho the most that it will run at is like 140 or something so I am at AMD 2200 speeds at the moment..whats the problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom