Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwiz

MechEng Extraordinaire
i wanted to get some opinions on using ebay to find new computer parts... i've had good experiences w/ebay but none (in general) buying oem computer parts. thanks

i am for buying pc parts new from a company like nintek etc. not ebay.. i dislike ebay purely because its dodgy in m opinion.. =S

I've been both screwed and made deals on eBay. When I built my rig, all stores were out of stock of most of the Opterons (except places that were grossly overpriced). I got my Opteron 146 for $200 on eBay (new), where everywhere else was either $230 or out of stock. They also remained out of stock for 2-3 more weeks before coming back in stock at a much higher price. So I definetly made a good deal there.

Then I bought a Logitech MX700 off eBay. It was a deal so I went for it. I didn't realise anything was wrong at first, but it was burning batteries very quickly. I thought it was the batteries at first, but then I realised the mouse was defective. By then it was too late to do anything about it. I only lost like $20 but, that's $20 I could've put towards a new G7 or something ><.

Anyway, don't buy used products on eBay. Only buy new things if you're sure it's new and they have some sort of warranty / return policy if there's something wrong with it.

it seems like common sense is the best protection, as with most online purchasing. only get new in box stuff, doa protection, etc. any powersellers i should look for?

I have bought and sold alot on Ebay. There are idiots who refuse to pay etc. but I have filed complaints, being a Good Seal Memeber and having sales and purchases run through Paypal, and it's a very safe place to get good deals on used stuff.......I go to NewEgg for anything New!!!

i am careful when purchasing from there, its hard to just totally avoid the place, it has almost anything you need, I absolutly hate the site and there greedy ways, but what other choice is available at the moment. As long as you are careful and dont make foolish mistakes you will be ok. just make sure you cover your tracks when purchasing, like using paypal so you can get your money back if they decide to get cute and not send.

The only thing is to be very careful and know what thiigs are worth. These days, most of the new computer stuff with BIN on ebay is over priced compared to regular online places like New Egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom