Almost finished, just a few more things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

small256

In Runtime
Ok, I'm gonna get a Lanparty Ultra D, 2x Crucial Ballistix 512mb, a 7900gt and probably an Opteron 165. Gonna use my old HD and DVD drives, so what else do i need for a decent OC-able gaming machine?

Power supply, case...but which ones? cant be too expensive mind, i've already almost hit my budget!! Does anybody have any ideas?

you need a good cpu fan and some AS5.

some cpu fans are great for cooling, but really noisy. some are quiet, but don't cool very well. you need to find the right balance for your needs... i'm sure there are some taht are both quiet and cool well.. but i think thats where it gets expensive.. i'm sure ppl here will recommend something.

powersupply, since you're using high-end parts, and probably going to overclock, you'll need a good powersupply.. something like the antec tp 2.0 550watts.

wanna give an idea of how much you have to spend on a case.. cause you could always get a SHark case or a LANboy.. depends on if you want a flashy one..

Not too fussed about a flashy case. just as long as it keeps everything cool. Thanks for the power supply name. Whats AS5 sorry?

hmm, the the Antec TP-II 550 is SLI ready... that doesnt mean it has to be on an SLI board does it? Cause as far as i know, the Ultra D isn't SLI...
I'm being dumb aren't I..?

ooh wow, the TP-II 550 is also a little bit too pricey... i know it would work fantastically but i dont think i hjave that much left...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom