Computer Cuts Off Whenever I Open A Large Program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeBi

Beta member
Hi Everybody,
My computer that has gave me a good 2 years of living has finnally given me its downside. Its like everytime i open a large program, my computer shuts off automaticly. With the power LED on. Then after it does that its a hassle to get it back on. I have a feeling that its either my PSU, RAM or CPU. im running a AMD Athlon 2500 Barton along with 256 RAM, i really need to upgrade this summer, and i will. but i took all the lights and other extra things out besides the CPU Fan and the PSU along with the graphics card and HDD. and its still acting the same. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks, TeBi

like any program, MSN Messenger, Fruityloops, Limewire, Internet Explorer, Notepad. but this just started a few weeks ago. it was working perfect until then. but i've done all i kno.

Could be. You can take it down to a local PC shop, pay 30 bucks or so and get it fixed or get the answer to your problem...

I'd suggest getting a RAM cleaner, they're easy to find (www.download.com is good). Not the PSU, because you can boot and type a message on the forum...

It's not your CPU because again, it's an OK processor and it can boot....

Try the RAM cleaner...or yes, you may have a virus, worm, f'ed up hdd etc...

check event viewer after your computer reboots. it can be found in control panel > administrative tools > event viewer If you have any red "x" in either application or system. post the event id and source or if you want to research it yourself go to www.eventid.net

there are red "X"'s but all are related to msn messenger. How could msn messenger be the cause of my computer cutting off?
but i dod realise something. When i reformatt my computer with "Windows XP home" it installs fine without the computer cutting off. From what I see, dosen't installing an OS, or anything use RAM???
Thanks

EDIT: ok, now after a minute of writeing this post, my computer shuts-off and i try to cut it back on. and no picture comes up. i waited an hour and my screen comes up. when it did not come up it said "no signal" on the screen. so i was lucky to get it back up to write this.
thanks

Now my PC will not even let me cut it on. I have to wait half a day "for some reason i dont know" for it to cut on. eg. i wake up at 12:00pm computer will not cut on, i wait til 8:00pm computer comes on for 5 minutes then shuts off, and will not come back on."
so any help on this would be good. but now its like when i hit the Power button, all it does ai make a flash of my fan lights and they spin a little then stop, and won't come back on. thats better explained. thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom