How much you charge for building comp? and other thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdar

Daemon Poster
So.. How much you charge if someone ask you build computer?

or maybe to clean comp from virus or spyware?

im no expert, but id say in general, u need to charge for
-cost of parts
-labor (this is more subjective than anything)

factor your time into it, give yourself a decent wage/hour, and that should set your labor cost, parts cost are pretty self-explanitory.

gabe

well, parts yea.

But I mean how much for labor?

How much ,ppl that do this, charge? I just want to compare what I charge with others.

well, its all relative...some computer stores charge $30 for a diagnostic alone, without repairs or anything! other places offer a system "clean up" for around $40 bucks on the low end...

like i said before it all depends on the time you spend, so if your looking to give the person an estimate, ask them either what they want built, or if they need purging, ask how much the computer is ****ed up and go from there.

if you want personal advise, i can tell you to build a system i would charge no less than 20 an hour...its specialty work. not many can do it

hope i could help
gabe

I work on friends' and co-workers' comps for free.

If someone asked me to build 'em one, I'd have them order the parts (I would choose the parts, mind you). But as far as what I would charge them... I doubt I would charge them much, say a max of 10% of the cost of the parts.

building? friends free... friends parents/relatives, 5-10% depending on the mood im in... people i dont know: 10%

virus removal? 10 an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom