165+A8N5X won't OC more then 2.2, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
now, here is the new result, i've tried to make the ram frequency to 266 and made the HTT to 258 vcore 1.375(don't know if that's still too low) it boots and blue screened even at idle after about 10 minutes but it's mem frequeancy only at 166mhz i've tried to set it to the HTT clock that's calculated by the mem calculator to be 266 @ 200mhz so it's roughly HTT at 310 which is impossible, it won't even go to the second screen :( now it should not be the problem of the ram(vcore always below 1.4 heat around 40 c' at idle) so heat isn't particular problem, at all, and would it be because the vcore is not high enough? or is it the motherboard?(cause it doesn't let me boot) so here is the new result(the best i can do so far ):
Did anyone check the power supply? Thermaltake TR2 430w The ram is also an issue.
i've used the power calculator suggested, and it seemed that it's so far bearly enough :p

Attachments

• cpuz.gif
    22.3 KB · Views: 32
actually i think it's really 32- 35 since different messurment had different display :( sorry i've made that mistake, in the temperature measure from my case which is attached to the heat sync displays the lowest 28-31 at idle but it's usually a few degrees lower, and from AI booster it's around 33-37 c'

Must be a bad chip, My Opteron 165 is running at 2.25ghz (HTT 250) with no true dividers setup or used. I haven't even changed the vcore ... yet.

i think it's something wrong with my ram setting, after i set the RAS#precharge to 3 from 2 something dramatically changed, now i lowered it's vcore to 1.35(when i find it's much stabler then before)and higher a bit HTT now it's 247 and i've ran prime 98 at bove core where it's already maxed cpu load 100% then i still can open COD2 played 2 chapters straight settings cranked up at 1280x1024 without any lag. and it stays around below 45c i think it should be able to go more but o well, the Ram was burning my finger tho, i think it's close to 50c. :(
btw i don't see a specific tutorial about ram dividers and an article explaining about how those ram latency figures works, if i turn it to be larger will it delay my machine, but it seemed that i needed to higher it in order to make more OC. but specifically which should i play around with and how it works? i've seen my AI booster to boost the htt to over 350 at many points even tho it's only for a few seconds but it seems to me very possible, i think i can't is because in the process of highering HTT it also alters other settings such as ram frequency, i want to know how and what can i do to alter nothin but the HTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom