ChipsetFan failed, confounded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefragMyHead

In Runtime
Hey guys (and gals). I am hoping yous can help me out with a problem Ive been having...my northbridge chipset fan failed not too long ago and Im at a loss what to do. I ordered a cooler master replacement fan hoping I could just dish the heatsink that came with it and tack the fan on to the stock heatsink, but the screws dont fit. So as of now I just stuck the coolermaster fan and heatsink(glue included) right onto my stock heatsink, eh it runs. But I know this isnt a permanent solution. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a permanent solution...I've seen super-big Zalman heatsinks (no fans included) but dont know if theyre the best option. And Im reluctant to take out my whole motherboard (AMD cpu) to put a replacement on. More seriously, I've downloaded SpeedFan to monitor my temps in the interim and there are two readings for something called LM75, which is rating at like 127 degrees celsius. But I have not been able to find out what exactly the LM 75 correlates to. I want to get my temps under control, and any help--as always--is whole heartedly appreciated.
-:D

Due the fact that I have a 64 bit AMD, I think the whole mother board needs to be removed to put a new heatsink on for my northbridge...unfortunately I have not found a fan compatible with the stock heatsink :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom