speakers....what happened....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeLeMuNdO!

In Runtime
i got a new pc recently, and whenever i hooked it up to my old speakers, i noticed the volume was really low. i can turn it all the way up, and it just sounds like its barely playing. on my old comp these speakers worked fine, any ideas anybody?

i tried that, it didn't seem to make any difference, everything is turned all the way up. i tried messing with something called "Multi-Channel Sound Manager", but it doesn't seem to do much.

yeah, i'm pretty sure they are. i even hooked this comp up to a different setup, and it was low on those speakers too.

double check all connections in the back of the subwoofer if you have one...might be in the wrong slot??? just a guess

TeLeMuNdO!
Do your motherboard has a sound output? If it does change the sound settings to use the motherboard instead of the sound card then connect the speakers to the motherboard output and test the sound. if it sounds better then there may be something wrong with the sound card. It can be a bad connection between the speakers connector and the sound card port, may be the sound card is not connected well to the motherboard.

my mobo does have a sound output, i rolled back the driver to the previous device before my sound card, but it still sounds the same. is that what you were talking about? i don't really know if i do in face have a sound car, new comp, but the primary sound device is titled as "NVIDIA nForce Audio Codec Interface". when i opened up my PC, i saw a little chip on my mobo with the same name, i checked to see if it wasn't plugged in or something, and when i touched it, it was extremely hot. does that mean anything?

extreamly hot! can be part of the problem. you may want to add an extra fan or a system blower to help release some of the heat out of your computer case. remember all this devices operate using different voltages and if one of the devices overheat it can create problems when the device try to interpret data.
Hopefully you haven't fried your sound card jet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom