Plasma instead of the Reg. 17" Moniter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KlNGPlN

In Runtime
Just wondering a question. Instead of using a computer Moniter, being that most plasma units are moniters themselves, can they be used as the main moniter for a desktop. Would that cause problems for the moniters because I remember back in the days, they used to burn out tv screens.

I have a 42" inch plasma thats why I ask, that would be sick if I could use that as my moniter.

Hook it up via S-Video and try it, I'm sure It won't damage your LCD but the pictures/text might not come out clear.

KlNGPlN said:
really even when I use a plasma and a 7900 GTX video card?

Yeah, because the Plasma is probably 1280x720 or something like that, and since the size is humongous, the pictures would be really foggy and not sharp. 600th post!

that sucks. i was going to make the new computer part of my home entertainment system.

so theres no way to make the quality look like a regular computer moniter?

not to mention that plasma TVs get burnt-in very easily, you would need a screensaver at ALL times when you are not using it. and make sure you move your windows around non stop. i guaranee it will be burnt-in in a month, so you should just not do it....

ya plasmas have burn-in.. you shouldn't even play your xbox or ps2 on it... (for too long anyways..)

if your plasma has dvi or hdmi input (for hdmi get a dvi to hdmi cable..) then i would think it would look pretty clear.

shouldnt you use the HDTV out instead of S-Video to go to a HD plasma? i though that what the feature was for!

cwiz said:
shouldnt you use the HDTV out instead of S-Video to go to a HD plasma? i though that what the feature was for!

you mean the DVI? the DVI is for digital monitors like LCDs.. and also some HD tvs like plasmas have them.. some, not all. thats what i was referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom