Building a new PC, gaming/editing/general multi tasking Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitespeed

Beta member
Hey,
I decided recently that i wanted to shed the old PC and build an entirly new one, i havnt fully built a PC before but i have worked on my present one. Anyway i have about £1200 to spend, i play a lot of games, but i also work regularly on photoshop, audition, and video editing software.

I already have a fair idea of how computers work (due to reading up) and what i want in the new one, but i wanted some opinions first and after reading a few threads here i think you guys are just the people to ask.
Anyway heres what i intend 2 buy

Aspire Xplorer Black/Blue Neon Mid Tower Gaming Case
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200 (yay, nay? 4400? 3800?)
Asus A8N SLI Deluxe MB
2 GB DDR Kingston
GainWard Bliss Geforce 7800GT 512MB
Hiper 580W type-R modular PSU
Western Digital WD3000JD Caviar SE 300GB 7200RPM SATA/150 8MB Cache
LG GSA-4167BRL 16X Dual Layer Dual Format DVD ± RW Writer

o and im buying an ACER 19" widescreen TFT too

but umm hey, yeah like i said im kinda newish, so your comments and critisims would be very helpful! (Though i plan to order tomorow :p)

thanks a lot
kind regards

WS

looks great to me however there are two things i'd change.

1.) the processor - the 4200 is really bad value, you're better off getting a 3800 and OCing it and saving money, or just pay the extra and get the 4400.

2.) The video card - Its a great card and everything, but by the time you build this the new g80s will be coming up soon. i would buy a 6800gt to hold you off until then, and then spend the extra money you have on a nice 8000 series when it comes out.

otherwise, looks good

nitestick said:
i agree with infiltrator except on this point

buy a 6800gs, the 6800gt is all but dead and is overpriced. the gs performs almost on par except for cheaper and it overclocks better

ugh, i knew it was that one. i always get the 6800gt and gs mixed up. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom