Any n00b can build a pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
hah,

building a computer is NOT hard. you would have to be stupid to put it togeather wrong.

static is NOT a big issue, people crack it up as if everytime you open up your case lightning will stirke it and fry everything. it won't....work on tile or something of the sort and like satic said, just touch everyonce in a while, wich you will do most likely.

if you're really freaked about frying your computer, they buy an anti static wrist band.

their right, building a comp is not hard.

The hardest part would be installing the motherboard. All those mounts to put in, fiddly. Need to watch out for some cases though, was building a friend's comp a while back, and to get the cd drives in, the front panel had to be removed. Took 3 hours to get it off. Was help back by 10 pop-screw things. Was also afraid that if i just ripped it off, i would have broken it. Had that kinda feel.

Anyway, as someone else said, if it fit's in that slot, then it's probably meant to go there.

Run around in thick hairy socks, along your carpet, make sure your computer case is open before this, then touch your mobo directly :D

I always rub a baloon furiouly on my crotch and then push the electrostatically charged ballon against my mobo to see if it will power up! :)

no, thats a bunch of BS

i've built hundreds of computers starting when i was like 14, that anti-static crap is just a bunch of supersticious crap to scare people into buying dell's

i have NEVER EVER had any hardware get screwed up because i touched the connectors or because i wasnt wearing cotton gloves and a tin foil hat

dont buy that ****

the general said:
no, thats a bunch of BS

i've built hundreds of computers starting when i was like 14, that anti-static crap is just a bunch of supersticious crap to scare people into buying dell's

i have NEVER EVER had any hardware get screwed up because i touched the connectors or because i wasnt wearing cotton gloves and a tin foil hat

dont buy that ****

yeah but just to be safe a wrist strap is like $5 at radioshack.

when i built mine i used this guide, it really helps.

www.pcmech.com/byopc

it is not a bunch of crap at all. take a physics class and find out that it is true. it is just an unlikely occurence. personally i take caution rather than f****** up $1k+ of brand new parts because as you say "its all just superstition". don't be a stubborn fool, it is better to err on the side of caution than to prove yourself wrong

more power to you man. My reguards.. MAKE SURE YOU ARE GROUNDED at all times when building the sucker.. can't stress that enough..
make sure you also get the heatsink compound on correctly as well.
those are the only two main dangers of building a compa s long as you aren't stupid =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom