Worth it Or Not? Part 2

New COMPAQ pc_resarts_Adobe PREMIERE Pro_Help...

• vB code

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smilies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats a great build, but its overpriced. I'd get G.skill ram, maybe get a 300GB WD Caviar, with a 74GB WD Raptor. and get an Opteron 165 instead, it can go higher than 2.7GHz when overclocked. usually people get it to 2.3-4 GHz, if this is ur first time overclocking, get a PC4000 DDR500 G.SKill ram, it makes it easier to overclock CPU without having to worry about the ram for a while.

john3 said:
thats a great build, but its overpriced. I'd get G.skill ram, maybe get a 300GB WD Caviar, with a 74GB WD Raptor. and get an Opteron 165 instead, it can go higher than 2.7GHz when overclocked. usually people get it to 2.3-4 GHz, if this is ur first time overclocking, get a PC4000 DDR500 G.SKill ram, it makes it easier to overclock CPU without having to worry about the ram for a while.

Hey thanks for the advice, I jsut had a question to your suggestions. I agree with you about the additional raptor hdd, but I should downgrade from the 500GB Caviar to the 300GB? also you said the 165 can OC higher then the 175. But the 175 is on 2.7ghz like you said and the 165 can be OC'd to 2.4ghz, how is that higher? Also you think getting the Ram exchanged from the OCZ (which is a good name) to G.Skill would make it better in Overclocking?

with a computer just that great i don't see why he just went all out and put 2 raptor drives in there and two regular....the 2 raptors for striping and the two regular for miroring...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom