ACPI help

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaloracle

Daemon Poster
A freidn fo mine has a laptop that seems to ahve some power management problems. It will not standby or power off. Standy by is not an avalible option (greyed out in menu), and powering off causes a restart. It does however, power off fully from safe mode and all of these options were workign when the device was new.

My attempts thus far:

Uninstall all ACPI devices. Did it all at once, crashed device manager. Upon reboot, windows began redecteign and installing ALL hardware.

Download and install new drives from the company (Averatec, I hate them more and more with each encounter)

Turn off "Automatically restart on failure" in windows options. Caused the laptop to hang, but powered off instantly when the power button was pressed (IE mobo did not force it after a time, it just went). When it rebooted, C had apparently been marked bad and windwos performed a volume check.

So, aside from reformating, which I cannot seem to get permission to do, despite the fact that this is the orignal OS, and thus is likely loaded with ads and such)

have you checked display drivers?

if i reformat my PC, it wont let me standby until i install display drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom