PPU Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think there would be a point. it only needs to run in a PCI slot so its not like it needs high frequencies. Also ageia says that u never need to update it cuz it runs off purely software. so it sounds like the hardware doesnt matter

We can do nothing but assume at this point. I'm confused, is it out, or only extremly hard to find? It seems like only certain PC manufactures have them, but who the h wants to buy a prebuilt? It said somewhere prices would be on par with the video card market, anyone know if thats the 1000 dollor gtx sli market, or a non sli?

There will probably be a way to o/c them, but whos to say the ppu will be the bottleneck in system performance? I know its tons of bandwidth running across the system and all, but theres not much use in o/c if its not bottle necking at the ppu. I wonder if nvidia or ati will make a play toward them, ppu on the graffics card would open some other possibilities....... This should be an interesting time, as long as they don't drown before the card reachs the shelf.

I dissagree about "not knowing crap until it hits the market"

I'd trust gaara's judgement about anything.

And it is released, just ubbbbbber hard to get as far as I know.

I'm certainly not buying until more games are supported and they have a 256mb GDDR3 256bit version next summer (hopefully!) :)

psh of course this topic is the first hit that google decides to pull up

Another small update, you can see that the enthusiast market is already gearing up for the ineivetable tweaking of these cards...they've already figured out geforce4 mounting hardware fits these cards mounting hardware and got a maze4 working on these

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1045817

won't be long until someone is able to write the software needed to modify the BIOS on these things

Sui said:
We can do nothing but assume at this point. I'm confused, is it out, or only extremly hard to find? It seems like only certain PC manufactures have them, but who the h wants to buy a prebuilt? It said somewhere prices would be on par with the video card market, anyone know if thats the 1000 dollor gtx sli market, or a non sli?

There will probably be a way to o/c them, but whos to say the ppu will be the bottleneck in system performance? I know its tons of bandwidth running across the system and all, but theres not much use in o/c if its not bottle necking at the ppu. I wonder if nvidia or ati will make a play toward them, ppu on the graffics card would open some other possibilities....... This should be an interesting time, as long as they don't drown before the card reachs the shelf.

If you have a Best Buy near you, they have a BFGtech one for $300. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom