Making DVDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackSack

Beta member
I have about 20 videos, all .mpg, all about 450 MB, that I want to put on a DVD with titles, music, menus, etc. I want to put 10 videos on each DVD. (A 4.7gb Fujifilm DVD-R). I want the DVD to be playable on home DVD players.

What program should I use to do this? When I try to use Easy CD/DVD Creator 6, it can only fit about 2 of the videos on a DVD, same with Intervideo WinDVD Creator. With Nero, it wants DVD type files (IFO, VOB, VIDEO_TS, BUP).

Do I convert the files first, then do the 'authoring' or whatever in Easy DVD Creator? If I do convert first, with what program, and to what format? Please help out a dummy here. This is really frustrating me.

To repeat, I want 10 episodes per DVD. I want it to be able to play on home DVD players. I want menus, etc. How do I go about doing this?

i think what you want is combining videos together. i think you can use any video editting software. you can download a trial of adobe premeire, vegas video 4, DVDit, ect. there is a boatload of video editting software so rather me talking about something i don't know about try www.dvdrhelp.com and see if they have a guide.

uhhm, actually, i don't want to put the videos together. I want them to be seperate, kind of like selecting scenes from a movie, i can select the different episodes (The videos I have are episodes of a TV show)....

??? :umm:

The problem isn't getting the files on the DVD. The problem is getting 10 of them on the DVD, with titles and menus, able to be played in a home DVD player.

The DvD is a DVD-R.

HackSack i understand what you mean. those softwares i mention will allow you to author your DVD by selecting which scenes or frames you want. just import your mpegs, edit, burn. have a look at the software descriptions on their websites. search with google

The best DVD authoring software I have come across is TMPGEnc DVD author! It allows you to make custom titles and scenes etc etc.. I made a comedy DVD with 4 full lengt movies on one DVD and made a custom COMEDY title, and custom scene selection photos etc etc..then it even has its own recording software.

You have to do some converting before you actually record them in a format that will be playable in a home DVD recorder. You first must convert all videos to MPEG1 formt (you can use the free basic TMPGEnc program to do this). Then you must convert them into a DVD redable format such as the files you mentioned above VOB etc etc...you can do this in the DVD authoring program itself. Then burn and thats it!

You wont be able to get the full 4.7GB out of it due to the space it needs to create the proper format..I'd say 4.3GB is a safe space estimate.

Win2kpatcher no offense, but if you think that is the best i don't think you have tried too many DVD authoring programs out there. i've tried TMPGEnc DVD and that program is horribly crippled.

it has the lowest amount of editting options i have ever seen in a DVD authoring program. with the ones i mention, no double conversion is necessary. it will convert directly to DVD VOBs, BUPs, and IFOs

How do you burn mpegs onto DVD without conversion to mpeg2?.......and is the resolution compliant?.........and the audio?

Seems like someones trying to finish the DVD before the works started.................imho

How do I use Adobe Premiere to create menus? I just want to make sure everybody know what I'm talking about...let me reiterate.

I have 10 episodes of a TV Show, in .mpgs, about 450 megabytes a piece, that I want to put on a DVD. Maybe 'titles' was a little confusing. I want to create DVD menus. ie first, I want the DVD to start. Then, I want it to play a song that I have, and have a selectable menu. I want to be able to select which Episode I want to watch.

I think that is referred to as DVD "authoring." I don't think Premiere is a DVD authoring program...correct me if I'm wrong. If it is, lemme know how to do it! The DVD authoring programs I have are Easy CD Creator 6 and Intervideo WinDVD creator.

What is the easiest way for me to do what I'm asking?

ekÆsine said:
Win2kpatcher no offense, but if you think that is the best i don't think you have tried too many DVD authoring programs out there. i've tried TMPGEnc DVD and that program is horribly crippled.

it has the lowest amount of editting options i have ever seen in a DVD authoring program. with the ones i mention, no double conversion is necessary. it will convert directly to DVD VOBs, BUPs, and IFOs

none taken man! I guess I should've phrased that differntly...I said the best cause thats all that I have used... I didnt try any other just cause I thought this one was good..I'll check out some of the programs you listed...question though? The ones that dont require double conversion how long does it take to actually convert? Is it about the same lenght? How long would it take to convert 4.7GB worth of video into the proper needed format? I thought it had to be in MPEG1 before it can be converted to a DVD format? or do the programs listed do the conversion in one proccess..like converts to MPEG1 then converts to MPEG2? Just one step rather than 2? Just curious, thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom