What do you think of this dell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i guess it's alright just that Dell don't have the best customer support. I rang up for my uncle (he has a dell desktop - router not sending a signal) and i said something like this "Should I go to my loopback to see if it's sending off a signal at all?" and the helper goes "Whats a loopback?" "I was like wtf, and i just hung up.

Besides that it's a wicked system.

The specs are fine, except maybe the x600, get at least the x700, I mean come on the 7300gs is only $75. You will kick yourself in the head if you ever try to play a game, and the only thing that would hinder that would be the card, because the rest of the system is solid.

Now on the dell thing,,,,Their monitors are some of the best. The pc's are put togeather very well and solid. Their cable management and cooling are the best in OEM computers. But don't come crying to us if just after the warrenty "MY DELL WON"T TURN ON" and dell want's $250 for a psu that isn't worth $40. Or the cost of shipping it back to them is more then buying a good psu, or their's something wrong with the board and then it becomes a major problem.

If you built it yourself or had a mom and pop shop build it for you when something does go wrong its not cheaper to throw it out and start over like it is with a dell. Because do not ever forget the parts in your dell are proprietary! I have nothing wrong with proprietary hardware if you were buying from say apple and it really is different, but dell specs their hardware different just so you can't upgrade or "REPAIR" it with stock parts. And that's the god's honest truth! And that is why tech minded people like us Hate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom