ECS K7S5A Pro USB Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mircs

Beta member
Hello all,

I have 3 ECS K7S5A Pro mainboards with 256 DDRAM, duron 1300MHz CPU, etc. I am running Windows XP Home on all of them. My problem is that When I am trying to plug n USB device into any of them, windows is not detecting anything new ... sometimes it does, but seese an "unknown device".

I tried reinstalling every new driver, I updated windows XP - with a USB patch, yet I didn't findthe key to solving this problem.
I also checked the BIOS configuration - the USB option is set to enabled.
Then I thought there might be an IRQ sharing problem. Indeed, the USB is sharing IRQ qith my LAN card and my Sound Device, but I have no option of changing the IRQ from Windows and my BIOS assigns everything automatically. I cannot set anything manually

I would appreciate any ideas, thoughts that might help me.
Thank you very much in advance

Mircea

It definitly seems to be a Mobo issue. I'd check with ECS and let them figure it out. I had one of those ECS K7S5A Mobos and took the piece of shit back. Invest a little more dough in a better Mobo. Good Luck:D

Hi all.

First of all I want to thank you for trying to help me out.
Here is how it goes. I have the latest update of the BIOS. About the Mobo, it was not my choice. When I came to the company they were already bought.
Concerning Windows, in about 3-4 days when I really tried to get into this USB stuff I think I reinstalled windows at least 5 times.

But, I will keep on trying.
:)

Any luck with this?

Just bought this board the other week cause my Asus crapped out. was happy with this board, with the exception of this nagging USB problem. Same thing still happens when I use the usb/ps2 adapter with the mouse.

I read somewhere that there's a problem with using the 1st PCI slot, but I'm not using it either.

Any ideas?

i had a k7s5a wit a 1.2 thunderbird and its the worst thing ive eva had, was neva stable and hated 512 sdram so crashed in almost every game. any1 readin this DO NOT BY THIS BOARD!

Nope, I have had many problems with this board as well.

Do a search on this site and enter in "K7S5A" and see what you find ;)

I had this board and it didnt seem to have any problems with usb. The esc support totally sucks, so its going to be hard getting any real help. I was having trouble with post errors on mine and i could never get ahold of anyone, i just had to mess with it until i fixed it. :confused:

I have built 2 boxes with that mobo recently. One duron 800 for grandma to play scrabble, and one xp2200 just to use up 512m of kingston pc133. Had no problems with xp professional. everything works great. Is it possible your copy of xp is corrupted?

Did you do the windows update at the microsoft site?

It's really not a bad board - 3 phase power - decent quality.

I heard about the slot1 conflict but you tried that...

I'm officially stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom