is this a good build for 700 dollars?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
so should i go with the 7200, 10k or 15k rpm hdd for OS load times? and what amount of space should i get for the loader.

15k = extreme temps.. .and extreme prices...

10k = so so temps and not so bad prices

7.2k = low temps and low prices

your choise.. i dont know specifics because i've never used anything more than 7.2

EDIT: capacity has to do with temps too.... as nite stick pointed out in a n im

80gb caviar:33
36gb raptor:26
250gb caviar:36

are his current temps

very good advice. thanks Nite and static, that information just saved me a whole lot of $$.

hey another question whats the best memory I can get for a AMD. I am looking for 2GB. so should I get a dual core on the mobo? and which one is good for Overclocking?

everyone will say the opteron 165 is the best for overclocking. they always bad mouth the X2 series but i don't see why i'm happy with mine. although it would have to be true that the opterons tend to overclock better. the memory in part depends on the motherboard but as always i reccomend the OCZ Gold series. brilliant overclocking ram and great performance even if you don't overclock. OCZ is about the only company that really warranties their ram for overclocking.

you asked like 3 different questions not relating to eachother there.. lol

1) read the section about ram in the guide i gave you
2) get 2 x 1 gig sticks to enable dual channeling which is what i thijnk your talking about.. not dual core, that has to do with cpu's.
3) which one whaT? which cpu? or which memory is good for overclocking?

Static_11 said:
you asked like 3 different questions not relating to eachother there.. lol

1) read the section about ram in the guide i gave you
2) get 2 x 1 gig sticks to enable dual channeling which is what i thijnk your talking about.. not dual core, that has to do with cpu's.
3) which one whaT? which cpu? or which memory is good for overclocking?

thanks I'll read up on that right now

and 3) I was talkin about which memory is good for OC.

:)

KlNGPlN said:

Im convinced its very hard to by a pre-made computer that doesnt have a equal flaw to all the positive things. Im sure I will have to build my own, lol so dont mind all my questions cuz im trying to learn as much as I can before I start.

Now your talkin'.

I am in the process of building my first ever box from scratch. I have upgraded several completely, but this is my first build.

I simply am tired of paying more and getting less!

I purchased my sig this afternoon. It was $1,899.98 ($75 Rebates off that price.) at the EGG. I have the monitor, DVD(+-)RW, MX700 Duo, etc. So, a great gaming computer doesn't come cheap.

There are hundreds of sites geared to building computers. Just do your research and you'll do fine.

Here is a good starting point:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/index.php?

Good luck!

uying things one at a time is no good idea as things out date.. buy it all in one big thing so you can have a working pc as soon as you get it... :p

Tordenskjold said:
uying things one at a time is no good idea as things out date.. buy it all in one big thing so you can have a working pc as soon as you get it... :p

thanks for the tip, will look into doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom