is this a good build for 700 dollars?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yea I was kinda leaning towards no now as well 2 after studying the pc. integrated sucks. i guess i was just impressed with the CPU and HDD space.

Im convinced its very hard to by a pre-made computer that doesnt have a equal flaw to all the positive things. Im sure I will have to build my own, lol so dont mind all my questions cuz im trying to learn as much as I can before I start.

Static_11 said:
i wouldnt trust anything sold from ebay... if your planning on getting a fast drive, get a low capacity raptor.. put your OS on that, then get a big (250/300 gig) slave drive to put all your stuff on... that way your loading times and all that stuff are fast but you still have massive storage

hm interesting concept.

so your saying something like this

a) http://cgi.ebay.com/WD-RAPTOR-74GB-...800563558QQcategoryZ64459QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
with just the OS

would run better then something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Maxtor-Atlas-10...75QQssPag<br />eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

with OS , partitions and other everything on one drive.

question if I was to do something like on (a)

would it be better to get a 10k RPM rapter with a small HDD capacity just for the OS or a 15K RPM other brand with a small HDD.

?

Static_11 said:
well.. when you have some time read this.. i think you'll learn alot from it because alot of people said they have :)
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77323

if you want someone to put it together for you, tell me and well talk via pm's or im's

thanks I really appreciate that, that is a very generous offer right there and I will remember that.

Im going to be buying parts one at a time and hopefully I'll have everything soon.

nitestick said:
large capacity hard drives get hot enough as it is. that and the fact it is an SCSI drive which you won't be able to use unless you get an SCSI card. maxtor don't have a very good reputation on this forum. nor do gateway or any other prebuilt pc's

interesting. That is good to know. See knowing me I would have prob bought it, but its good I get some good critizim on here. otherwise I would be making some pretty stupid mistakes.

no problem, sry we got off on the wrong foot. lol

but yeah, get a small, fast hdd for the os and a large storage capactiy 7200 rpm SATA drive for storage :D that is.. if your worried about loading and booting times and such... or you could just go and get 2 or 3 huge drives and have a crap load of storage

nitestick said:
maxtor don't have a very good reputation on this forum. nor do gateway or any other prebuilt pc's

didnt even notice it was scsi lol... yeah.... they dont have a good rep on this forum... lol

That Gateway ain't too bad for a pre-built, other than being too expensive.

Although it has integrated graphics, it uses 6100 chips... which means that it has a PCI-E slot.

Just build your own. It will be way better in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom