opty 165 lvl1 cache changed from 64k to 128k??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gohand

In Runtime
why is it that after i purchased my opteron 165 it's level 1 cashe from newegg.com's display changed from the original 64kX2 to 128kX2 as of this link
maybe because it's stepping changed? and it's a demark core instead of mine toledo core, what whould be the difference?
will the speed significantly changed and how about the overclockability? and why does it changed? thanks

yes it's L2 stays the same, but i was just wondering if the L1 does any speed difference when it's doubled the size?

1) toledo is not made for opterons... only denmark.
2) both toledo and denmark have 128kb L1 cache for each core

it was probably just misprinted before... check cpu-z to make sure.

im guessing you have to combine the L1 code and L1 Data together to get your L1 cache. that seems like the most logical thing.

what does that mean? can you explain it a bit clearer? sorry i am a newb :( does that mean cpu-z had displayed the wrong result that it's not a toledo core but a demark core? and does the L1 size matters with it's performance? thanks.

cpu-z might have made an error with the cores i dont know, but where you L1 code 64 Kbytes and L1 data 64 Kbytes. i think you just combine those to get your total L1 cache. i know L2 cache matters in performance, but not sure about the L1. im sure it matters, i just dont know how much it matters.

aliasaid said:
1) toledo is not made for opterons... only denmark.
2) both toledo and denmark have 128kb L1 cache for each core

it was probably just misprinted before... check cpu-z to make sure.

and still is it a demark core or toledo core ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom