Questions about heat sink saftey clips

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeIranianKid

In Runtime
when i installed my heat sink to my motherboard it was an extremely tight fit that i could lift up the motherboard with it and when i tried to push down the safty lever it was putting a tremendous amount of pressure on the cpu so i just left it up so should i try pushing it down now or what because it has been running now for 3 months and it hasn't fallen off.

also when i first up it on i could lift up the entire motherboard and move it around without the heatsink budgeing at all

its mean to be a tight fit, so there is good contact, and when ya push it down it usualy feels like its about to collaps, but yea it could go down, are you sure the hsf is the right size for your mobo?

i have no idea its the one that came with my processor but know the heat sink is a very tight fit im talking about when i push down on the saftey lever it pushes down on the cpu far too much than it should in my opinion

its a socket 939 right? the stock hsf are somewhat tricky to get on. It felt like mine was going to snap my mobo as well but just a tad more pressure locked it down in place.

hmmm so should i try to push the safty clip in place the heatsink has been on for about 3 months now and nothing has happened im just afraid of cracking the cpu

hmm take it to a local pc fix place. i know it costs $$$ but its cheaper than ruining your mobo/cpu they can either tell you that you jus had to push it down or see that soemthing is wrogn. and if they push it down and ruin it. then you can get a free whatever they break ;)

i don't really wanna spend money on it but its been working fine for three months now and i also let another one of my friends see it who builds computers and said it would be fine without the safty clip down im just looking for another opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom