Video Card/Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinci

In Runtime
I have got a Toshiba M300 Portege laptop.
It's got intergrated video card, so I was wondering, would i be able to put another video card in it somehow and use that instead?

basically...no way...there are ONLY about 2 laptops ON THE MARKET (i believe something like alienware and Falcon Northwest) that the graphics cards can even be switched out and the user can't do it...you would have to send it back to the factory...so once again, the answer is: NO

The Dell XPS and the E1705 i believe you can upgrade the graphics card to a 6800 - 6800u - 7800 - 7800GTX

PZEROFGH said:
The Dell XPS and the E1705 i believe you can upgrade the graphics card to a 6800 - 6800u - 7800 - 7800GTX

Umm...don't they do it at the factory before you get the system...i believe you can only upgrade the graphics card in laptops after you get them from very high-end laptop manufacturers...

The Dell XPS is one of the upgradable. If you buy a 7800GTX GO now you can purchase an 8800GTX GO when it comes out.

ASUS makes them for VooDoo and other companies that have swapable cards. The only card I've seen Availabe from ASUS in the 6600GT GO

Very few laptops have upgradable video. Dell has been doing this with their high end laptops for several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom