volume control does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergiofar

Baseband Member
My windows volume control does not work. I have sound and can adjust it from the speaker volume control, but my on screen volume control does not work. I am currently running windows xp professional, I see the volume bar move back and forth and I can even mute it, but it does nothing as far as controlling the sound output. My mobo has onboard sound and I have not gotten a sound card, and dont plan on it unless I have to. Any info would be appreciated.

did you go to control panel, sound and audio, and make sure the speakers settings are correct and also check the audio tab and make sure that the motherboard is setup as a deffault audio device!!

I went into the control panel into sound and audio, the speakers are correct but there is no option in the audio tab to set the mobo as the default audio device ( I am using on board sound). Quick note, the microphone is not working, I am trying to test it and it is not detected. It is plugged in and it was working on another computer, so I know it works. Could this be part of a greater issue? I will try to find and see if there is a better driver for my mobo (it is currently sis 7012 wave according to my settings).

about your board sound, you can try to update the drivers in the device manager. right click my computer, double click manage, click device manager, expand the system devices option, look for your motherboard and double click on it, click the drivers tab and click update drivers and fallow the instructions.

about the microphone if the device is plugged in but not being recognize then must likely is a driver problem. try to get the right drivers for the divice that could resolve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom