DFI Lanparty SLI power switch connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Got a minor problem that just ain't wanting to get fixed.

Bought a rig from someone. It has a DFI Lanparty SLI mobo in a CoolerMaster Wave Master case. Anyway, during shipment, some things got wiggled loose. I have everything else buttoned up but this.

The lead from the power switch wiggled off of the mobo. The mobo has three prongs for the power switch, but the lead for the Wave Master only has two slots/holes. I have tried it on the first two, the last two, flipped the connector over and tried it both ways. No luck.

I know the mobo is working because I can use the onboard switch on the mobo to fire it up.

So, I need suggestions/ideas/solutions. I could be overlooking something or have not tried it a certain way. I am so flipping excited to finally get this thing here, only to be let down by having to fix it to use it.

I just checked my board and I see the atx switch is a 2 pin connector. Are you sure you aren't trying the power leds instead? The atx switch is next to the 3 pin power led connection below the reset switch which is also 2 pin

on mine im pretty sure its a 2 pin connector (im not at home so i cant check), you might just want to double check all your connections.

Are you sure you aren't trying the power leds instead?

Ooops. I saw "Power" and make a mental link, I guess.

Hooked it up to the ATX and it fired right up.

It seems that the mobo isn't seeing the SATA drive, but I really don't know. I've never messed with one before. I had to move it to a different bay (you'd have had to see it...), so maybe I didn't hook it back up right. Does it matter which SATA socket you hook the cable up to?

don't think so but i would put it to SATA 1. if you are talking about the SLI-D that would be the bottom left port. use SATA power if its available rather than a molex and make sure that the sata ports are enabled in BIOS. its under the "genie bios setting" and would be something like "enable phys sata ports 1/2" and below it the same for 3/4.

i had the same problem with my sata ports and my ide channel 2.. that made me go a week wondering what was going on lol

Well, it seems that I had it plugged up to one of the Silicon Image SATA ports. it's all fixed now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom