page file error

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigboy99

Beta member
I am receiving a Limited Virtual Memory error message, and my page file is 0 size. I have done a disk error check defraged, moved the page file to another drive and back, and set the size to 766-4096 and reset, but nothing works.

Is there anything left to try?

Thanks,

Biggy

what os you running?
if you running XP, chech your task manager and see how many applications are running in your pc. sometimes when you surf the internet you get applications in your computer with out you notice it or when you close an application sometimes the windows close but for some reason the application keep running. My best guess is to start your troubleshoot by looking into the task manager, look at the proccess and see what is running also you can check the performance tab. get a system cleanning tool there are many on the internet and do a full system clean up. there is a tool call "easy cleanup" which also allow you to clean the registry. try something like that and let us know what happen!

Thanks for the replies.
1) XP Pro
2) no viri
3) 10 gig free on HD
4) No un-necessary programs running
5) Used Registry Mechanic & Norton Sys Works to clean - no help
6) Did a reinstall (repair) of OS - no help
5) System info indicates floppy is low on resources (?)
6) Time for a clean XP install?

Bigboy99

Have you tried making the VM size larger like 4095-4096? I know you have limited hard drive space but its worth a shot while troubleshooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom