Cant play cs with a ts2 or vent open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd0

In Runtime
If i have ventrillo or teamspeak open and try to play cs:s, the game just crashes.

anyone know why?

What else do you have running at the same time? Are you sure your system can handle running all the things at once? Are you using a torrent app and downloading at the same time? Open the task amnager and see what else is running that could be eating up a lot of resources that could help provide us with more info to assist you with this.

Just asking what causes it wont do no good. We need some more info before we can get to the bottom of this.

makevaveli, when i say that teamspeak or ventrillo, crashes cs:s thats what i mean.
those are the only to programs that i have any problem with, i thought it might have just been vent, but i got ts and same thing happened.

this has never been a problem untill recenently, few weeks ago. cant think of anything i had changed. its not my comp that crashes either, just source.

now just settle down.

Never done this before? You haven't updated Source with a patch/update? Maybe check and see if there is a known issue/update for either of those and how they work with source. Also, source maybe such a system hog that it blocks other programs. You should be able to set team speak as a system process, that may let it through.

im settled dude, mayb my wording was bad in that last post.
Nah it was fine a couple weeks ago, its not steam, i did update, but so did friends and they still are able to use vent while they play. like, its just confusin me, coz i havent changed nothin, i sis have a virus, or i should say infected file on my comp the other week, naybe that caused it? its since been removed tho.

hmmm....I wouldn't think that a virus/infected file would cause it unless it was targeted. you could try an uninstall/install of one or both, see if maybe that doesn't fix the problem. If I remember right, your teamspeak account is kept on their server correct?

Like i stated go to the task manager and see what is running. While it may seem you only have CSS and Vent or Team running you dont. Firewalls, AV. Anti spyware and some other apps are running in the backgorund. Something has to be eating up some resources for this to occur.

It could be spyware, malware or a virus. That is what i am trying to help you figure out. ;)

nah, no go, i tried closin everythin else cept vent an cs:s, the problem hapening isnt coz of lack of resources, its not an error like that, il load the game join a server, an then it will just crash. theres no lag or anything, i just get a program error, that is why im so sure that it is something to do with vent or teamspeak, coz i can be running anythin else other then either of them and still play fine.

could be somethin to do with how they connect to the internet maybe that is confilicting?

Well do you have port forwarding allowed for all the apps? Does CSS run without Vent or Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom