CSS Overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinci

In Runtime
My specs are in my sig, but I was wondering if youse guys could help me out, like tell me a full step by step guide (starting from what program and where to get it from ) of how to overclock my computer so I can play CS Source.

CS Source Requirements:

Required

Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Processor: 1.2 GHz Processor
RAM: 256MB RAM
Video Card: DirectX 7 level graphics card
Processor: Internet Connection

Recommended

Operating System: Windows 2000/XP
Processor: 2.4 GHz Processor
RAM: 512MB RAM
Video Card: DirectX 9 level graphics card
Processor: Internet Connection

Thanks in Advance,

Sinci

Yeah, I tried playing.

It lags like a sl*t tho. It also says my ping is 150-1000 and even when it does get down to like 20 for like 30 secs. it still lags.

Not definate

I don't definatly want Intel, I just use Intel more and have never used AMD, so yeah, i'm just not sure.

Oh, by the way...BUMP.

you won't get any more people for overclocking i would say because its just not going to happen. however i'll help you out with the desktop.

these prices are off the top of my head

Athlon 64 3200+ venice core i think its about $230 from nintek (based here in perth) if you sign up with overclockers.com.au or rflan.org and go to the "OCAU" specials section
DFI LanParty Ultra-D motherboard $199 at nintek
1gb of some DDR400 valueram perhaps OCZ perhaps costing $120+
80gb HDD ~$80
DVD Burner (last price i remember is storm computers in welshpool) $59 for a Sony OEM
6600gt graphics card $150 if you look around

that would leave you about $100 for a case. i hope you have a monitor and keyboard etc

as for overclocking a laptop the only 2 parts i have had any success ever overclocking are ram and grfx. i overclocked the ramn useing a64 tweaker and managed to get it from 3-3-3-8 2t 333 to 400 3-3-3-5 1t

was rly just for fun so havn;'t tried again since. the grfx card was a friends fx 5600 and i just did like a 2 mhz oc to see if the drivers were changed for laptops (used nvidia;s inbuilt overclocking program)

if ur in australia can i suggest msy for parts or scorptech. scorptech don';t have that great prices imidiatly but they will normally match or be within $5 and have excellent service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom