Windows Vista Beta cripples gaming pcs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
I am looking forward to downloading and installing windows vista on my pc but don't want to if it will severely undermine my gaming rig. Does anyone know how Vista will perform running today's games?

I believe it will perfom okay as microsoft has most likely taken this into account, and if not they are morons and everyone will go with linux. (if we are lucky) the system requirements are quite high but will run on a good computer. I just dont know if it will require much memory just to run the desktop :S check their site or wait and see....

Bah! I wouldn't touch a windows beta with a 20M pole. **** I don't plan to get vista until atleast SP1.

Apparantly its rather tough on pc's particuarly graphics, but it should be okay if you have a decent gaming rig!

I fail to see how Microsoft has made an OS that lags a pc this day in age. What on earth is eating my specs!!! Then it again though it IS MS were talking about here.....

i sure hope Vista will not trash "our systems" caus that'd such balls if u ask me! Cause my first computer was a HP with a PII 466Mhz and 64mb of Ram and a 32x CD-ROM, it ran 98 SE fine, i don't see how microsoft can make such a shitty inefficient OS!!

*sarcasm* yes nothing runs Vista and nothing ever will that is why the requirements are only a 64meg video card and 256ram system ram to run areo with all the features.

Um... Tyler... I'm pretty sure your dead wrong. DEAD wrong.

Windows Vista has several problems. First of is Microsofts bloat problem: if you have the system resources, Windows will eat it. The more RAM Windows can find, the more RAM it will populate. Why do you think theres such a large amount of RAM clearing programs about?

Betas in general do not like gaming. ANd then theres microsoft betas, that just dont like anything without the quad colored window blazened onto the software box.

Personally, I dont buy anything microsoft untill I've had a few months to watch the first hundred flaws pop out. Then, atleat I KNOW what I have to deal with.

From Microsoft:

•

CPU — PC systems should have a modern CPU.
•

RAM — PC systems should have 512MB of memory or more.
•

GPU — PC systems should have a DirectX 9 class graphics processor.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/windowsvista/evaluate/hardware/vistarpc.mspx

Apperently, a 64 MB video card is required for grapgics to be decent, and much for for areo. Microsoft itself says they're will be extremely large gaps in between what works and what works even marginally well.

im pretty sure the requirements were 512mb RAM. and why does an OS need a 64mb graphics card? They should keep it simple.

Again, great gap between what is needed to run, and what is needed to make it run well.

256 is bare balls minimum, with lag and all. 512 is the suggested amount for it to run even moderatly well (Dang, XP has problems with 512 MB + Any game). Probably 768 is the lowest possible for optimum performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom