Any n00b can build a pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tordenskjold

Banned
Any n00b can build a pc .:confused:

Thats what i have been told by many people, but when i ask other people they say that it is just an easier way to ruin a new system. Is it really that hard to build a pc from scratch. I have just decided to order a new bunch of hardware for a new gaming pc and was wondering if i should get the company (Nin Tek) to build it for me. it will cost $70 AUS. IS that alot? i have basic knowlege in computer building (adding components etc.) just not building one from scratch.

thanks tor

Adding components and building from scratch are the same thing exept that when building from scratch you have to install the operating system (which if using Windows is very easy).

Go ahead and build it yourself, it's easy.

when they assemble it you don't have to worry about DOA.. and if they include formatting HDD and installing OS, well you've saved yourself a good 4 hours there... but you're losing out on the fun.. lol..

Personally I always build myself but I don't really recommend it, there are lots of things that can go wrong and you can save yourself big headaches but getting someone who knows what they're doing to build it for you.

I've seen some sorrys things thats noobs have built.. i've seen heatsinks pop off under load and fry the CPU, ram in wrong configurations or just not seated correctly, completely unoptimised bios settings :mad: static fried components, mobos fried with shortouts from wrong connections...

Make you want to take the noobs head and ram it though the monitor... maybe thats just me :rolleyes:

MrCoffee said:
Personally I always build myself but I don't really recommend it, there are lots of things that can go wrong and you can save yourself big headaches but getting someone who knows what they're doing to build it for you.

I've seen some sorrys things thats noobs have built.. i've seen heatsinks pop off under load and fry the CPU, ram in wrong configurations or just not seated correctly, completely unoptimised bios settings :mad: static fried components, mobos fried with shortouts from wrong connections...

Make you want to take the noobs head and ram it though the monitor... maybe thats just me :rolleyes:

WORD!!!

It is easy just follow all the instructions find yourself an online building guide, (tigerdirect has a good one) and think things threw.

A good example of people messing things up, there's a guy in here that couldn't get the screws tight enough,,,He wasn't using standoff's like omg!!

I'd only build it if you have an in-depth guide in how to building one. When I build mine I had a very good guide in a magazine to show me how all these new components nowadays work. If I didn't have that, I would've got it assembled.

cyrax said:
I'd only build it if you have an in-depth guide in how to building one. When I build mine I had a very good guide in a magazine to show me how all these new components nowadays work. If I didn't have that, I would've got it assembled.

Gentlemen, Please....mobo in the case, attach drives, cables, frontside connectors, power supply and cables, memory sticks. Boot and load system. Simple as that. However, if you do not have the proper tools that is where you get into trouble. Anti-static mat, anti-static wrist band and appropriate tool kit. Pecautionary note: if you can't identify most of the components you see listed above...............have someone else build it for you.:confused: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom