invalid WEP key length.. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
i have this horribly out dated external wireless adapters, one of the first mainstream ones, that also has horribly out dated drives. It is the AL2011 with drivers version 1.0.0.1. My network has a password and i can't figure out how to let my network card know.

there is a spot where you put in if you have encryption or not, and i say that i have 128-bit (which i know i do), and now i have to fill in some boxes... saying "WEP Key #1", #2, #3, and #4. it automatically has "0000000000" in the field, and if i click the "submit" button, it says "invalid WEP key length"

what do i put in the WEP Key field?

oh yes, and btw at the bottom there is a box that says which key to use, so i only use one key but i think (not sure however) that there needs to be a valid WEP key in each one

thanks!!

Most likely the older card doesnt support 128-bit WEP. Drop it down to 64-bit WEP and that should fix you up.

the 128bit wep has a 26 character key " default is 26 0's
but 64bit wep is 10 0's
set the passwords to the rite amount o characters.

i know that my card supports 128-bit because it says so

but should i be making this in Hexidecimal? i have a hex "password" given to me by my mac (it said that this was needed in some cases.)

or is it my password that has to be a series of 0's

EDIT: got it, nvm. i was putting the hex key in for ONLY key number 1, but i needed to put it in for all of them (even though number one was the only one)

thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom