Cursor keeps freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

wumbo6

Baseband Member
This problem has just started within the last few days. I boot my computer and everything is working just fine. But when i open up firefox to an advertisement heavy site like Myspace my cursor freezes.
The weird thing is, everything is still running. Im still getting messages on AIM and pages are still loading. But i move my mouse and the cursor doesnt respond. Same thing with the keyboard. Can anyone help me?

i forgot to add. It is a logitec MX510 corded mouse. and at the time of freezing the led does not respond anymore. it stays at the dim phase like when it is left idle

it said that the latest drivers were already installed i've also noticed that it freezes up when itunes updates podcasts

and now to add to the insanity my computer starts radomly restarting. it sounds like the computer is being unplugged.

scan your comp for spyware/ virusus.... spybot S&D, and Adaware 6 <-- they are both free ware.

and use a antivirus program.

what are your Powersupply specs and brand?

Maybe your power supply is on the way out but it could be any number of things from the information you've given.
DO you get any error messages or BSODs? is there anything interesting in event viewer? Have you tested your ram with memtest? are your system temperatures within safe peramaters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom