X-Fi Issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuitarFreak1857

Fully Optimized
ok i just upgraded to an x-fi. i'm getting worse frame rate in BF2 and i tried to change the rendering device to the x-fi and it said my hardware is incompatible and that i should reset my settings so i did and now it still doesnt work.....

~thanks

You might need to reformat, when i swapped out my Live! for my X-Fi, i couldn't run anything in hardware sound, so i reformatted and it now runs great.

I'm also using the nForce 3 chipset, not 4, and i've heard about people having problems with the nforce 4 chipset and X-Fi's, but i dont' know if it was over sound quality or fps.

then again, that was the old ones too

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
You might need to reformat, when i swapped out my Live! for my X-Fi, i couldn't run anything in hardware sound, so i reformatted and it now runs great.

I'm also using the nForce 3 chipset, not 4, and i've heard about people having problems with the nforce 4 chipset and X-Fi's, but i dont' know if it was over sound quality or fps.

then again, that was the old ones too

in BF2, i hear a huge difference in sound... i can't tell if its better or worse. when flying jets, there is no bass at all as opposed to my audigy2 were there was a lot of bass. i'll try reformatting (sigh)

You may have gotten an old X-Fi even though you just bought it. Look up the manufacturing date or use serial and ask Creative if its fixed or not.

You should also try flashing your motherboard with the latest BIOS.

turtile said:
You may have gotten an old X-Fi even though you just bought it. Look up the manufacturing date or use serial and ask Creative if its fixed or not.

You should also try flashing your motherboard with the latest BIOS.

how do i do that....were do i get the latest BIOS?

You have to format the floppy as an MS DOS boot disk and then load the BIOS on there.

It may need a program to install the BIOS also that you can load on the floppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom