Video Card Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXx-Tricky-xXx

In Runtime
I have a 7900 GT and i been trying to make sure it is running at its correct speed. I downloaded Riva Tuner but that didnt help. It wouldnt even work. On a screenshot it showed a menu with the speeds it was running in MHZ but it didnt show that for me.

Is there any programs I can download to see how my video card is running?

Your default nvidia driver should come with option of showing speed. Right click desktop, go to property, click on setting tab, click the advance button, click on Geforce 7900GT tab, then click on clock frequency settings.

the Clock frequencys tab that zzyzx is refering to, is not enabled by default. there is a tweak to enable that hidden tab, called coolbits... you can use NVTweak, witch has an easy interface to let you enabled it. you can DL any program like that at guru3d.com

though you already have Rivatuner... riva tuner displayes everything Temp/clock speeds, you just need to learn how to use it... its very simple... i dont have it on this comp otherwise i would jsut take a screen shot and show you, the option is right on the first tab Riva turner starts out in, you need to click on an arrow and click on the pic that looks like a Chip.

ahh, thank you, jolancer, for correcting me. I completely forgot that I have Coolbit installed.

As for RivaTuner, you can show clock freqency by clicking on the arrow next to "customize". It should be on the line that says "Forceware detected". Then select the first button it pops up (system settings).

ya im pretty sure when I tried rivatuner, it said forcewaredetected but it still didnt show anything about clock temp or speeds.

that is just strange that your riva tuner doesn't have the customize arrow. anyway, download coolbit 2.0 here and follow the direction in the first reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom