Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

i.Angel

Baseband Member
Hey guys. When I first built my machine, I had my dad help me because I wasn't real sure on how to build it. I built this machine in 01'-02' when Windows 2k was the latest OS. Well, whenever I go to LAN parties I take so much crap from my friends it is unbelievable!

I would have upgraded to XP a long time ago, but I lost my motherboard drivers :eek: :( . I really want to get XP because I just love the look of it and I won't take so much crap from my friends at LAN parties. So my question is: Can I reformat my HDD and everything and use drivers that I have downloaded off the internet? I know the model name of my mobo and everything, just no drivers! Sorry if I sound newbish... but help please!

Thanks for your posts.

You should be able to download all those drivers. Why do you want to upgrade to XP if you don't have to? It runs slower than 2000. It just has a better GUI and more features.

Thanks, so this is all possible? Just download the drivers off the internet and put them on a floppy and I should be good?

which drivers are you talking about? motherboard drivers? when i put my comp together i didn't have motherboard drivers.... lol.. unless its like a bios update or something..

unless you mean like videocard, soundcard etc type of drivers.. if so then you would get those from their respective websites..

aliasaid said:
which drivers are you talking about? motherboard drivers? when i put my comp together i didn't have motherboard drivers.... lol.. unless its like a bios update or something..

unless you mean like videocard, soundcard etc type of drivers.. if so then you would get those from their respective websites..

My dad said that in order to install my hard drive I need to instal motherboard drivers. Yes I am talking about motherboard drivers... Ehh... idk

all motherboard drivers are are extra programs that aren't usually needed. the only drivers my mobo had were for integrated sound, and a couple of programs that aren't needed really.

The only motherboard drivers that are needed are the Sata drivers in order to install xp on sata hdd's if you don't have sata hdd's then don't worry about it. Like everyone else said get the drivers from the OEM's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom