Shopping for a PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
OCZ are also good. The Sunbeam however has a temperature readout, a 80mm and 120mm fan system, and a fan control nob, plus it has all these over power overheat and over voltage protections. and it has 550 watts and very cheap. plus it is sli ready and dual+12v

Like the guy said "DO NOT CHEAP OUT". A cheap inexpensive power supply will burn out in no time, I have gone through 2 of em. You wanna stick to the more expensive ones, they're more expensive for a reason, they are made with quality parts. I myself use an Ultra V Series 400W power supply that I bought from tiger direct. With power supplies you get what you pay for, so if you pay a dirt cheap price for one, that's exactly what your gonna get.
Also don't buy a power supply simpley because it looks cool, as stated in the sticky linked by Static_11, the lights and other extra things are just gimics to pull you in so you buy a PSU that isn't worth the 80mm fan used to keep it cool. Get a more expensive PSU, it's worth the price cause it's made to work.

hrmm...... ya... don't make my mistake i dished out 50 bucks for my coolmax 450 watt... i'm only running 18 amps on my rail... i'm still awiating to buy my 550watt in my sig... still havent got around to it... somehow this lil thing is still keeping up with my overclocked ram, opty and video card...... i really need to buy that psu soon... i'm pretty much waiting for this thing to die at this rate

I've had them 13amp RaidMax PSU's before there very good PSU's for there size, kept up with my system but limited my CPU overclock to 2.25Ghz and I didn't have the 6600GT just a 9200SE

john3 said:
i tell this guy not to cheap out and he totaly goes india on that $22 one.

Well that $22 one had 120A on the 12V which is pretty incredible but I have no idea why it's so cheap. It probably is false advertising but isn't that illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom