Help w/ Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ren3gade

Beta member
I'm trying to install this ATI Radeon 9200 (PCI) on my comp. I am following the manual and it says to first remove the current dis[lay drivers. The one it currently has, Intel(R) 573EP V9x DF PCI Modem can't be removed. I keep clicking the Change/Remove button and the hour glass shows up for a second and the Add or Remove Programs box just blinks. Also, when I remove the Intel(R) 2 Driver and the Intel(R) PRO Network Adapters and Drivers and restart the computer, the little wizard says that they are new software and the are automatically installed again.. What do I do? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

No, it is all Intel. Ok it installed and everythig. After it restarted, after the loading screen that says Windows XP, the screen went black and the green light on the moniter turned yellow. I pressed the buttons of the moniter and it said it was in Power Save mode and it also said to press and kew on the keyboard or to move the mouse. I did this but the screen stayed the same. Whatever I type though is typed but the screen it black. I moved the monitor connection back to the computer to see the screen right now. Any idea how to solve this?

Did I miss something?? why are you trying to remove the drivers for your 56k v92 modem to install a video card???? They mean remove any previos video card drivers. not what was in the slot. and if its onboard graphics you had then just disable them in the bios. Then install the drivers for your card.

And now you removed your chipset and agp drivers and the system won't boot. Go into safe mode and install your motherboard chipset drivers and then install the ati drivers again.

Edit - Or just go into safe mode and use system restore and go back to before you messed it up. DON'T REMOVE ANYTHING its onboard graphics!! go into the bios and turn the onboard video off, NOTHING ELSE. lol

"Mortal Combat: RAYDEN 9200..."

It is perfectly safe to install a new video PCI card in your comp with the old drivers still in there, as long as they arent Nvidia drivers.

I've done this plenty of times before. All it does is activate some kind of Split screen feature where your mouse can scroll to another monitor. From there you can remove the drivers while still being plugged in to your old monitor, and after you restart, you can plug the monitor into your new card

::pS:: You are supposed to DISABLE the intel drivers, not just uninstall them. ;) :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom