hp nx6110 laptop power on password

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaso109

Solid State Member
i got a hp nx6110 laptop it has a power on password. i do have the password and i am able to use the computer but i dont want the password on anymore but it wont let me take it off. i disabled it in bios and it still comes up. i removed the cmos battery and the main battery for about 1 hour but still wont go away.

I dont know what to tell you besides the obvious if youve tried removing it in the BIOS.

Did you save settings for sure when you exited the BIOS?

i tried everything i could think of is there any chance that the new hp laptops have these by default on all the time. i checked the bios and disabled power on passwords. i removed the battery dow 3 days have gone by i put it back in and powered it up and still there. but it did clear the system time i got an error saying system time was wrong.

Many laptops will have default passwords that will override the startup password. Check the mfgs website.

i got the users guide for this and it it said to delete power on password you enter the bios and go to where you change the password. then enter the password in the old passworld box them press f10 to save and exit. i did that and when i try to save it says password is incorrect. but that is the correct password because i use it to use the laptop everytime i turn it on. i dont get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom