Flipping Out!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowFox

In Runtime
I moved it from 231 to 235 and it would not boot so I moved the dividers up a bit and it just kept beeing and not showing me a screen. I powered off. I flicked my main power switch off and then on. I powered up the computer and every time I power up now it just keeps beeping and not showing any screens, just black!!!!!!! I built this myself so I have no one like DELL TO CALL UP AND ASK FOR SUPPORT!!!!!!! I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!!! Cost me a lot of money that would take awhile to get back. I cannot undo what I did (which was nothing drastic) if I cannot get into the **** bios!!!!!!

(It was stable at 231 with my voltage up a drop from stock.)

I started it up again 5 minutes later and BIOS were reset to what it came like stock. I changed it back to the way i had ti before it got messed up and it booted.

If you ever run into issues, you can easily unplug the power cord, switch the CMOS jumper to the clear position, pull out the battery, press the power button to drain the capacitators, then reapply the battery and move the jumper back. That procedure of clearing the CMOS is near foolproof and will resolve any BIOS/CPU setting issues unless your bios itself is corrupted

Depending on your motherboard, it may be much simpler. Some motherboards have a button on them that you push to reset the CMOS. Check your manual if you have one before you go to that trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom