Need some help with building a system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anubius

Baseband Member
Hello I am in need of a list of components for a High end gaming system. The purpose for me to build this system if for Vanguard when it comes out and i want a system that will handle the game with minimal problems ie lag and the like. i want a system to where i can set the video on the highest quality and still not suffer for it. Cost is no problem. I can build a system just most of my experience is pre 2001 and all this SLI, Dual-core technology is alittle confusing. I have heard AMD is better for gaming when it comes to processors but i have had trouble in the past out of them, but willing to give them a shot again. I am goin to be building a system from scratch so i need case and all. id like to have at least 2gb of ram pref 4, and a 7900 gtx video card (seen on other forums where people are using 2 of these and i cant understand why so any info on this is appreciatable.) so a list of components for a COMPLETE system that could handle Vanguard easy or as easy as it gets. Thanks in advance.

-Anubius

PS those of you not familiar with Vanguard it is a next gen MMO that will probably be out sometime within the next 4 months. (pushes current tech.)

Case first of lemme being by saying SLI (having 2 of the same Geforece card) is a complete waste of money. Secondly, stick with 2 GB of ram, Windows XPs limit is 3GB, and 4GB will only slow it down, and since you catn ahve 3GB dual channel ram, stick to 2GB, Dual channel makes it better ( some people say you can have dual channel with 3 sticks, but just stick with 2 sticks of 1GB)
If money is really not an Issue then here are your parts

AMD X2 4800+ $632 ( if you are going to overclock in the near futre, then get the AMD Opteron 165, its about half the price, and Overclocks past its speeds)

DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D Motherboard

G.Skill 2x1GB Extreme Dual Channel, DDR500 ( again this is great if ur are going to OC, gives u a lot of room to OC without worrying about doing something about the ram for a while)

Thermaltake Silver or Black Kandalf Case

Western Digital Raptor 74GB System HD
Western Digital Caviar 250GB Storage HD (SATA Btw)
NEC 3550A Optical Drive
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste
eVGA 7900GTX
Creative Labs X-Fi XtremeMusic Sound card
Antec TruePower II 550Watt PSU
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
Saitek Eclipse Keyboard
Logitech G5, or G7, or MX 1000, ur choice really ( mouse)

did i miss anything?

Looks good, don't know if you will need the raptor or not though. Also, if you want to spend less money, you can get the Thermaltake Armor, which looks almost as good as the Kandalf. If you don't care about the price, get the X2 4800+, and if you want to spend less and get better speakers etc. get the Opteron and OC it.

HI END GAMING SYSTEM

I think that instead of getting a X2 4800+, you should get an FX-60. If you're going to be gaming, then you should be getting a processor designed for gaming.

Anyway,

MSI K8480 chipset based nEo2 MOBO

FX-60 AMD Athlon 64 processor

Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Pro

Nvidia 6600 GT Pro (I'm not really into graphics...)

Xion Solaris or Thermaltake case...

DVD-ROM 16x

DVD+/- RW drive 16x

200-300GB SATA150 Western Digital Caviar hard drive 7200

anyway...

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
ATX Xion Solaris Case w/ 650 wtt. Power Supply
HP LightScribe 16x Dual-Layer +/- DVD burner
LG 16x DVD-ROM
19" ViewSonic LCD monitor
Creative X-Fi PRO sound card
Altec Lansing 7.1 channel speakers
MSI Micro-Star Neo2 KX480 motherboard
ATI All-In-One PCI Express Video Card
2048 MB Crucial Ballistic Memory
300 GB SATA150 hard drive (partioned in two)

MAC OS X tiger running on one partition (PearPC)

Windows Media Center Edition 2005 on the other

That's just a marketing technique, thephamtom123. The only thing special about the FX series is an unlocked multiplier. Don't worry about that and go for a Opteron 165 (cheap and powerful solution) and overclock it, or the X2 4800+ (more expensive but powerful alternative). It'll overclock too, just nowhere near as well.

Just look at john3's suggestions. He has it laid out really well.

Re: HI END GAMING SYSTEM

thephamtom123 said:

Nvidia 6600 GT Pro (I'm not really into graphics...)

A 6600 GT!? that is a low end midrange card. Get the 7900 GTX. If I were you, I would seriously look into OCing, you save a bunch of money. Expensive 4800 X2 = OCed cheap Opteron 165.

Do what john3 said, thats very nice, and you cant go wrong with that build.

thanks guys expecially John3 i had went to new egg and made my own build but yours is about a grand cheaper so i like yours better :) im almost positive your setup is what im gonna buy. thanks again everyone.

-Anubius

Hang around and let us know if you have any questions, and be sure to bring pictures of the build when it's done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom