Fastest Multimedia PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
well he wants a computer for video editing, and hes not doing any crazy editing ( the impression i got), and since he can afford the 7900GTX, why not get it? i mean im sure he will be gaming, why not get a 7900GTX? im not saying it will make a difference, im saying that if hes not doing any crazy video editing, he should get a 7900GTX just to have it and if he is gaming, which he will undoubtedly do, its great.

well if he is going to play a little bit of HL2 here and a little bit of BF2 there it doesn't make it a good reason to fork out for the GTX. the money could be better spent elsewhere on a rig intended for video editing. he will probably want multiple LCD monitors, some fairly hefty high performance storage and a lot more. there is no point on spending lots of money on something that is aside from his main goal if it is not going to be particularly beneficial to his main goal and in fact takes money away from acheiving it. make sure he has a pretty final parts list before suggesting he go all out on a gaming card, if he has the spare cash

x-fi really isnt a video editing soundcard just a really clear and high quality sound.Which will do unless he wants to play $1000 for a good one.My friend is a DJ and produces Beats for youngers artists and he spent $56,000 on his studio.He says thats a small studio.

how about a power mac G5?

for those needs i'm quite sure that there are just very few pcs that can keep up with a G5.. of course, the required software is quite expensive, but still..

yeah.......how bout thats a waste of money.

Nitestick i see ur point, i guess i didnt consider that.......lets see what we can find for you, ill do some research myself, and find out wats good.

what kind of video editing are you going to do? if your doing 3d modeling def go with the quadro. if you mean video editing like adobe premiere elements, you don't need such an expensive card

It is just premier elements. I'm not doing any Bryce or any 3D modeling. I may be doing some gaming if I build such a cool computer but it won't be too intense.

Running...which card would you recommend that is not as expense as the 7900 GTX?

Thanks!
TCM

well for video editing there the good cards i think are beyond the price of the GTX, the next lowest price that i found on newegg for video editing, is 1k, i think its the fx3000 or something like that.......i think nitestick would be able to help you in that area.

I've been thinking...I'm going to come up with the "dream PC" and then trim from there. By the time I actually do this I may have the money to get the coolest component. So, why not go for the $1100 quadra. I'll add it and other components and see what comes out. I can then scale back as necessary.

Also..and you guys won't like this, but I'm leaning to the Intel 975X now. Why? I've looked at various bench marks, read through Maximum PC and talked to a friend whose a Computer Science geek at a local college. All concur that AMD is awsome for games but the Intel is best for video/multimedia.

Don't flame me! I'm just looking out for my own needs..lol. If I decide Intel, will you guys and gals still help?

TCM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom