Strange Download Screens Randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be something with the Download all and the download tweak add ons. It might not be dreamweaver.

Makaveli213 said:
It could be something with the Download all and the download tweak add ons. It might not be dreamweaver.

it might be. I was messing with some macromedia tools (I was trying to copy some flash movie to my hdd. it's almost impposible these days since 8 has been out ) when I had my problem. it went away eventually

Eric i dont know if you ever copied that flash movie but Camastia Recorder works wonders. I have used it to record live feeds as well as some flash movies.

Those are just download managers. They don't affect anything until I actually attempt to download with them. I've had them for a long time too and this is a recent development. I might have solved it though. Instead of removing Dreamweaver, I removed something called Macromedia Extension Manager... and it hasn't happened since. I'm going to give it more time before I officially say it's fixed though.

Edit: Sure enough, soon as I open my mouth it happens again. Sigh, time to uninstall Dreamweaver.

Edit #2: I kept using my browser as it was uninstalling. The problem persisted, and soon as it was done, instead of prompting me to download something, it took me to the source of the page. So it was definetly Dreamweaver. Hopefully restarting Firefox will solve this problem. If nothing strange happens, I'll reinstall Dreamweaver tomorrow and see if I can work around this.

Okay... here is a status update on my annoying little problem that just won't go away. I uninstalled Dreamweaver, and after that instead of prompting me to download the page when it starts happening, it just goes straight to the page's HTML source. I tried to reinstall Firefox after that, and the problem is still here. I'm out of ideas. What else do you guys suggest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom