Verdict on new rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tordenskjold

Banned
Hey guys

EDIT : this is in AUS $

I am going to be buying a computer in the next couple of days, and i would just like your opinion and help on what you think i should change etc. I am a total n00b to building computers and this is my first DIY pc. I am at the limit on my budget so i cant really upgrade much more. Its just about chaging components. I have done alot of research and this is what i have compiled.

Antec Case - Super Lanboy 350 - with 350W SmartBlue PSU. Durable aluminium,
trays with rubber grommets to absorb vibration, and clear side window.

$221.65

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor - 3800+ Socket 939

$500.86

Asus Mainboard A8N-SLI-UAYZ, NF4, SKT-939, PCIE x 2, SND, GBLAN, RAID, SATA,
DDR400-4DIMM. Top-of-the-line graphics capability, and supports powerful CPU.
Ideal for extreme gaming systems.

$182.16

LG DVD-ReWriter, 16x, Beige OEM [GSA-4167BB]. Can read and write DVD+R,
DVD-R and DVD-RAM formats, and supports DVD+/-R Dual Layer burning.

$59.77

Corsair RAM - 1x 1024MB, DDR2 [VS1GB533D2]. New, ultra-fast technology.

$149.60

Western Digital Hard Drive - 250GB, Parallel ATA, 8MB Cache, 7200rpm [WD2500JB].
Large storage space, cool, quiet, and fast. Ideal for high-performance family and
business computing.

$139.15

Legend Graphics Card - 6800GS PCI-Express 512MB TV-OUT DVI, Nvidia Chipset, DDR3

$349.14

TOTAL - $1604.33

thanks

because AMD does not support DDR2 at this time. besides DDR2 is crap. you can do a lot better than that price for a x2 3800+. check out nintek.com.au for a start and you should be able to get it at least $30 cheaper including shipping. pccasegear.com.au is another good site if you wish to buy online, i have bought from both these retailers and their prices and delivery are excellent. look into a DFI LanParty Ultra-D it would cost you about $20 more than the board you have chosen but in my opinion would be better. perhaps look into getting a 7600gt as well.

Hey nitestick i am on NinTek's site and have changed my selection due to i can now afford more :p

Would you mind if i sent you what i ahev got and you can give me your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom