Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you still need some help, Run a PC Pitstop and it will tell you what things to shut off and how as well. Run Ad Aware SE and SpyBot S & D .

Just some basics, It looks like you have two anti virus programs running,,,,Uninstall all norton and symantic programs from add/remove programs. You might have to reinstall AVG when you are done. Holy crap you have mcafee as well??? Uninstall that as well. Shut off all the toshiba crap as well. But do this after running PCPitstop it will tell you which ones are needed (Probably none!) Go threw the add/remove programs list to find the toolbars and such that you don't need.

*Edit - Oh yeah you have this running as well msmsgs.exe , Its msm not msn, that's windows messenger not msn messenger, You can run This Script And it will remove both messengers and then you can reinstall msn messenger, (the one you wanted to begin with) I know activeX scripts are bad (you have to use IE to run this script) but this one is clean, (I actually found the link a few years ago on dell's FAQ site)

yo also go to run and type in services.msc and disable services you dont need to startup automatically, that will also speed up booting.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that, But be very careful when you are in the system services. And when you are in msconfig click on the services tab (hide the windows services) and look that list over as well. And shut off those office processes as well, Unless you want the language and speach programs running all the time, lol

You can check this out as well I went in to detail a while back on my crappy site about the same things as this Link to my entry about this Sorry about linking to a blog entry on my site.

the one lab top with all the Toshiba stuff is still kinda slow i did everything am i missing something? do you want me to post the hijack report this time after i run it to see what i missed?

STEELERGLENN said:
should i keep avg? norton or macfee? and which is the best free spyware program to keep

I use AVG antivirus on all my systems, It works very good and is free. use Adaware and spybot S & D, for your scumware removers. The links are in my other post. How did you make out with pcpitstop?? Does it say everything is ok now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom