Windows doesn't detect vc. please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

elperra

In Runtime
Hi. I am building a computer for a friend, everything boot ok except when I try to install the control multimedia center I think It stops and says it can't install it because the system does not detect and ati hardware ( vc ati 5200). I've build 3 computer before and never had this problem what should I do? Thanks.

sometimes you need to install the software b4 you install the hardware. so, try uninstalling anything related first. remove the hardware. install the software... then shut down again and put the hardware in... windows should then detect it and install the correct drivers....good luck :)

Concur with nitestick... Get the latest drivers... or from the sounds of it... replace the card... windows SHOULD see any card you throw in a system. Then you update the drivers as such... basic windows drivers are designed to see just about anything. (meaning GPU)

i'm not familiar with ati 5200

i know the geforce fx5200...

make sure your monitor is plugged into the videocard and not the integrated stuff....

Thanks for the replys guys. I didn't download the new drivers because my buddy was in a rush and he took the computer like that ( he lives in another town 30 min. drive from me), I will go to his place and download the new driver or take the vc out and exchange it. But how come that my motherboard does not have a video integrated and and when I put a movie in played it?
Now I have another question, I took my video card from my (sig computer) and I was going to try in his but didn't have time, so I put back and put a brand new round ide cable, I change the HD cable when I boot the computer didn't boot because I forgot to connect the power supply cable on:eek:, I open the comp and connect it , but it only worked inside it didn't boot, so I took the round cable and put the old one in, but it gave the constant beeps, so I took one of my 512 Ram and it boot but it does not detect my HD and dvd-rws, and it takes a while to boot and go into the bios. I will try to give the comp a good dust clean unplug everything and plug back in. I will post back.
Thanks for time to read all this.

Make sure you didn't bend any pins in the drive and make sure you have the cables correct on the motherboard. Why did you pull the stick of ram?? What led you to beleive this was the problem? Where you doing something else in there that you didn't mention?

I put eveything back on and still it doesn't detect HD DVD-RWs. FLASH DUDE I made sure the cables are correct on the mobo. I pull the sitck of ram because when I first build it, it didn't boot with the two stick of ram, it gave the same beeps. As I say before I took the VC out to put it into my friend computer but it didn't need it so I put back on and put the stupid round cables on.
What should I do now, should I reset the bios?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom